Monday, December 07, 2015

Guild Dec. 3, 2015

Its hard to believe that we only have one guild meeting left in 2015.  I wonder if I will ever be able to keep up with time??

We had a couple show and tell items from yesterday's meeting.  Narrie has been busy sewing Cabbage Patch clothes.   (By the time I got this posted, it isn't yesterday's meeting anymore.)


Lori brought this beautiful Border Creek Station Christmas quilt to show us
and Vernelle also finished her Ricky Timms quilt made from one piece of his hand dyed fabric

I've been sewing on a Christmas project, and I can't show it just yet, but I have made some progress on my Farmer's Wife blocks.  I am now done 58 of the 99.
Sara's colors are inspired from plum blossoms and lilacs
I vote that Magnolia should be renamed Rosebud!  Or at least Rosie!!
Purple mountains and rivers
Coffee, plums and joy
I had to incorporate some brown in Mrs. Brown

That's all for tonight.  A few of us guild girls are braving the bad exchange rates and heading south into Montana for some retail therapy.  It might be more girlfriend therapy than anything for this trip.  Who know?  The dollar might get worse and then we will feel like rock stars going down now.  On the other hand, if our dollar goes up............. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. you are really steaming along on those FW blocks, lookin good ! those cabbage patch clothes are so cute :)
    have fun on your shopping trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is always amazing show and tell! Love that cabbage patch outfit! She will be ready for winter! Your blocks are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are beautiful. My favorite is the last one #55. Just love that fabric combo. Great job.

    ReplyDelete