Tuesday, October 20, 2015

My next 13 blocks

I've done quite well in my commitment to sewing everyday.  I'm at 18 days out of 20 for this month and does it ever feel good!  I'm very blessed to be able to stay at home and not work off the farm (I work two months a year at our local post office) or else I don't know when I would ever have time to sew.  So, I dedicate these Farmer's Wife blocks to my farmer husband!!
Margaret and Milly 
Lola has beautiful colours
Belle was tricky to put together
Nan's letter in the book is really nice 
Susannah's colours are gorgeous!
Marcella
Carrie
Jenny
Old Maid was harder to put together than she looks
Anne is a beauty
Lady
Granny
I worked this past week and I had some extra time at work to get a few templates cut out and organized into baggies so that I can sew later on at home.  It speeds up my sewing process at home.  This sew along has an accompanying Facebook page where we can see others blocks and fabric choices.  Its especially neat seeing all the different fabrics that are being used and there are some fabulous quilters who are sewing along.  Its a lot of fun!!

Question:  What are you looking forward to?  I'm going with a selfish answer and saying that I'm looking forward to traveling.  My list of places I want to see is long and I need to get going!  Have a great day.

3 comments:

  1. I think Anne is my favorite. For the near future I am looking forward to the retreat this weekend. For the distant future I am looking forward to us retiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are looking good, I like your fabric/colour choices. I am so tempted by these
    blocks ! I have several projects on the go so it's not like I need another one... When I saw that there are paper piecing templates on the CD that did nothing for my resolve because I really do like paper piecing. I've ordered the book from the library so that I can have a look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks look great. You are just flying through these! You'll be done next week!! I am looking forward to retreat also and some time to sew this winter!!

    ReplyDelete