Friday, September 25, 2015

And then there was one!

All of my Shiloh pairs are sewn into blocks and I wish that every quilt went together as easily as this one did because it went together like a dream!
This weeks addiction!  ;-)
These are all 25 of the Shiloh stars.  I have them set on point here, but they don't get sewn together that way.  Once they are sewn together, I add a plain border followed by a flying geese border and then maybe another plain border!
I have also signed up for this
I might just be crazy for signing up for this as I haven't even started my first Farmer's Wife quilt.  I've had the fabric and book for that one for at least three years now, so why would I think I can get this one done???  It's neat because on The Gnome Angel, where I am following the sew along, there is a  map set up of the participants from all around the world.  I am the second quilter from Saskatchewan who has signed up, the first person is from Moosomin.  Shirley perhaps?  I've also signed up for the Farmer's Wife Facebook page and there are more than 3300 quilters signed up showing dozens of photos showing the gorgeous fabric choices they have made.  Technology can be a very cool thing!  Who will join me?  The plan is to make two blocks a week for about a year with a couple catch up breaks included and you can either paper piece or use templates and traditional rulers.  Any guesses at how long I stay caught up to the 2 blocks per week?

Question of the Day:  How do you spend the majority of your free time?  I guilty of spending too much time on my phone, looking at Facebook and the news, but two weeks ago, I decided to make a conscious effort to put down my phone and turn on my sewing machine, even if its for only a few seams.  And usually a few seams turns into a whole lotta seams!  Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to join you BUT I have already finished mine.....remember???now get started!!!

    ReplyDelete