Friday, May 01, 2015

Its a Wrap

Another year of guild has flown by.  What would us girls do without our fabulous little group?  Here are a couple photos from yesterday.
Colleen's pillowcase and quilt for her grandson.

Vernelle was putting together a keepsake quilt of her Mom's handwork.
Theresa got her Hunter Star rows together.  Now she needs to add her borders.  Stunning!
Colleen's embroidered Christmas stocking
Fabric balls and basket made by Irene
Teacups gifted from Irene
These above two photos are of two gifts from Irene Roy.  Irene is a gifted artist and phenomenal quilter. Thanks so much, Irene.  We promise to put the tea cups to good use!  Christa took off with her cup before I took a photo of all three mugs.

In this past month or so, I was able to finish (almost finish) two quilts I have been working on.  The first is a Red Crinoline quilt called Sherman's March.  It is made entirely of 3 Sisters Fabrics from several different lines.

These are the 49 stars that go into Sherman's march.  I started the cutting for these in January.  After making the almost 9 patches that are in the corners of the stars, I made red and beige star pieces and  then made each star one at a time.  It was slower sewing, but it was nice to go into my sewing room for 20 minutes and have something to show for it at the end of those 20 minutes.
The layout
The final two borders
I'm waiting on a new border fabric as the one I had initially bought wasn't quite right for the quilt.  It should be here today. I can hardly wait to see what this quilt will look like once Terry does her quilting magic on it!  While I was finishing up Sherman's March, On a Jelly Roll was thrown into the corner after Terry finished quilting it.  Literally!
Poor thing!  Tossed aside!!
Terry's quilting
Camille's finished quilt
I used yesterday's time at guild to start on an easy braid quilt made with a Bali pop and some additional yardage.

My questions seem to MIA.  Maybe next time I will have one to post.

3 comments:

  1. You make gorgeous quilts! Going to miss everyone till next rain day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always so inspired by what your gang does! Doesn't anyone ever make an ugly something with totally the wrong colors?????? I hope all you ladies have a gorgeous summer with lots of iced tea and outside time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Sherman's March. Teri will do a wonderful job! Beautiful piecing!

    ReplyDelete