Monday, May 11, 2015

Inspiration, a finish and addiction!

I will start my post with some inspiration from the gorgeous Estevan Quilt Show.  Here are a few photos of some of my favorites.









Guild member Christa had her batting and backing business at the show

Another guild member Terry was the show feature quilter.  I wish I had taken her picture in front of her display.
In regards to my own projects, I got the final borders added to Sherman's March.  This is the finish from the post title.
Terry is working her magic on this quilt as I write this.  I can't hardly wait to see what she does with this quilt.

The "addiction" from the title was the Sultry Quilt Pattern. (It also took me a week to finish this post so the title should read Two Finishes!!)  I have added the link for this addictive and free quilt pattern.  This quilt was so fun and easy, that I didn't want to stop adding more rows on the braids.  I used a Pacific Bali Pop plus some additional batik yardage for the borders.

And after hardly any time at all, I had this

Trim those up and add two borders.  This is the final quilt.  I made the outer border larger as I had the extra fabric and the quilt finishes at 72 square.
This pattern is perfect if you are looking for a quick & easy yet beautiful quilt.  Thanks, Lori, for introducing me to this pattern.  It is one I will make again one day.

Here is one last photo taken on Mothers Day.  It is of me, my mom and my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment