Thursday, April 02, 2015

April 2 Guild

April.  Exciting to know that another winter is almost behind us, but also a bit sad to see another guild year coming to a close.  Life rolls on.

We had a few show and tells today.  First up, we have Lori's One Block Wonder.  She bought the Jason Yenter fabric in Arizona during her winter getaway.  And beautifully quilted by Terry.
Lori's admiring Terry's quilting from the back.
Next up is Jane's floral appliqué quilt.  She showed some of these blocks at our quilt tea.  All of her borders are now added and its ready for quilting.
The daisies are gorgeous!
The sunflowers
Olivia was visiting us from Clagary, AB and brought her Easter banner to show us.  It was hand drawn with fabric paints.
Christa brought us some cute Easter baking and they tasted just as good as they looked.  I could have eaten all of them.
Thanks, Christa!!
Finally, I finished my On a Jelly Roll quilt.  This is my guild quilt that I only work on at guild.  It was made from Me and My Sister's line of fabric called LOL.  It didn't call for the piano key border, but I added that and also the inner white border to make it double sized.  I love the way that the piano key border sets off the rest of the quilt.
This quilt now finishes at 80 by 90 and it is going to my niece out in Ottawa, ON.

Question of the day:  What's the next big step you need to take?  No idea!?!  I think that I am more of a "little steps" sort of girl!

Have a blessed Easter.

2 comments:

  1. That piano key border really finished your quilt. Looks very springy! Your next big step is what quilt should I start next of my 30 possibilities.......that's a tough decision!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the banner's neon lettering. Your quilt, Tracey, is fabulous! I like little steps too ... gradual change rather than huge, immediate change.

    ReplyDelete