Friday, November 14, 2014

Happenings lately

Other than a whole lot of this
I've also done a bit of piecing on my second Sweet Scandinavian and finished it up.
I know that I've said this before, but I LOVE these quilts.  Mom doesn't know that they are coming her way, soooooooo!?!?!?

Our guild had a morning meeting at Vernelle's house.  The Houston girls showed us their purchases and Terry had these beauties to show us
Terry's Colt Quilt

Delectable Mountains

Green Fairy Quilt

We all gasped at Terry's Green Fairy quilt because her quilting was incredible!    Unfortunately, my pictures didn't turn out very well.  Fantastic job, Terry!

After making seven quilts for other people, I'm back to Birdseye.  Its a quilt for our living room.
There's a reason why Carrie's quilts are so beautiful.  Its because she takes her fabric and cuts and then she cuts it again to make the most color variations as she can.  In the above pattern, she also has several background fabrics as well as at least four red accent fabrics.  I went with one red and one background.  I'm still making the nine patches and they are so nice.  It makes a world of difference when you work with fabrics that you love.

Question of the day:  Where would you most like to go and why?  Easy.  MAUI.  Why?  Because it's heaven.  Tahiti, Bali, Bar Harbour, Yosemite, New Orleans, Jackson Hole, Victoria, Norway, Switzerland, Germany and Italy are all a close second!  Ha Ha!!

Guild meets on Thursday, November 20.  See you there.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are going to need to start travelling if your going to fit all that into one lifetime!!! It was a fun morning at Vernelles!,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracey, I never answer your questions here, but I love thinking about my answers!

    ReplyDelete