Saturday, April 27, 2013

Another warm welcome from Montana

A few of our guild girls headed south into Montana yesterday for the Makoshika Quilt Festival in Glendive, Montana.  What a beautiful, warm sunny day we had.  After our long, long winter, it was nice to see the temperature pass +20 Celcius.  Our first stop was at Quilts and More in Sidney, Montana.
Mmmmm, Batiks!



Our group...me, Theresa, Chris, Colleen, Terry, Lori and Christa
And then off to the show where we saw some very beautiful quilts.
My favorite of the show...Bali Wedding Star

Amazon Star

In the Throes of a Summer Evening
Scrappy Batik Stars

Hand Appliqued and hand quilted

Yep, this is the second Bali Ring made by the same person!
Summer Love

Color Play

Its too bad that you can't see the quilting or the embellishing on this one.
I think its finally spring!

And the only Block Party quilt that I will show is one of my own.  I made this quilt for my Aunt Jane who lives in Detroit, Michigan.  Jane so graciously gave me a gorgeous Coach purse for my time and effort.  Thanks, Jane!  For the rest of our quilts, you will have to attend our guild quilt show which will be at the Torquay Community Centre on June 28 & 29, 2013.

I feel like I'm being watched...
We finished up the day at the Enchanted Room in Glendive and I forgot to take any pictures of the store this time.  It is an incredible store so full of warmth and inspiration.   Three of us headed home on Friday evening, but we left five down in Glendive to stay the night and to bring home our quilts.  Last I heard, they were drinking Margaritas and eating deep fried pickles.  We may never see them again!

My last picture doesn't have anything to do with quilting, but being a farmer's wife...

We are hoping that we will get into our fields, too this year!  Come on, sunshine!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your trip and those gorgeous quilts with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like people down there loving doing intricate PPing ... they are people after my own heart.

    ReplyDelete