Thursday, March 28, 2013

Troubles...

of a good kind, though.

Kansas Troubles fabric

I can't flip this photo for some reason.  :-)
Kansas Troubles By Lynne Hagmeier is my favorite line of fabrics.  Hands down.  So after using a good portion of my Kansas Troubles stash in a quilt made for my aunt, I've been looking for some replacement fabrics.  I found a sale on Kansas Troubles Favorites on Christa Quilts (Las Vegas, NV) and ordered the fat quarters shown in my first photo.  The charm packs I ordered from Hamels Fabrics from Chiliwack, BC.  Hamels has fantastic prices for a Canadian quilt store.  I think that they realize that they have to compete with the American online stores that offer the same fabric as Canadian stores at a much lower price.

I also ordered two more patterns (like I needed anymore!) from Hamel's designed by one of my favorite designers, Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie's Quilt Co.


And a bit of progress on my Spring Mini Quilt Exchange
half of the blocks are now done

But the real reason for this post is

My beautiful son is going to Italy in the morning with his school.  I realize that they are supposed to grow up, but how in the world did I get a son who drives, buys size 12 shoes, stands at almost six feet tall, plays midget hockey and flies halfway around the world without us? 

3 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful school trip to Italy!
    We are having a very special Easter holiday in Norway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having a great morning waiting for the plane to leave Minot... posts on your site and Christa's. Win-win. I know your son will have a great experience; Bob & I used to run school trips & saw so many students eyes opened to everything new. And, yes, our kids grow up faster than we want, but then they get so old and they give us grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aiden will have a great time! Pick up the pace there, girl! Show and tell on April 2....Weyburn....before that mini is in the mail!!!

    ReplyDelete