Saturday, January 05, 2013

Firsts of 2013

This is my first finish for the year 2013.

Double Crossed
This is Double Crossed designed by Amy Smart of Diary of a Quilter.  It finishes at 54 x 68, a bit bigger than the original pattern because I added the two borders and it has a total of 251 pieces.  The fabrics were bought at The Bakery in Belle Fourche, South Dakota.  I dug out my quilting journal this morning and looked up when the last time that I had sewn a baby quilt.  It was back in February of 2004, so almost nine years ago.    I started sewing in July of 2002...some days it feels like longer than ten years and some days it feels like less.  In those years, I have sewn 5 baby quilts, 9 wall hangings, 6 table runners, 21 bed quilts, 9 throw quilts, 1 apron, and 2 Christmas stockings as well as two unfinished quilts.

It was also our first guild meeting of 2013 and for having no heat in the church basement in January, we had a productive day!  It was so cold our hands and feet were numb. What we don't put up with just to sew!

Martini Quilt quilted by Terry

Terry's scrappy Irish Chain- Beautiful!!!
Christa and Jane with their handmade bags.  Chris was involved in sewing Jane's blocks.
And for some reason I forgot to take a picture of Christa's gorgeous Fabric Fusion quilt.  Sorry about that, Christa.

I also wanted to say a special Thank You to Irene for having a couple of us over for a personal trunk show and tea party.  Irene, you are such an inspiration to us quilters, not to mention a pretty amazing pie maker!  Thanks.

Our next guild meeting is January 17, 2013.  See you girls there. 

2 comments:

  1. Great show and tell, Tracey. I always like seeing what you ladies are doing. Our first meeting for '13 is this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That baby quilt turned out amazing!! I jus may do that pattern someday! It was dang cold on Thursday as it took an hour to get feelings in my toes again! We are crazy!!!!

    ReplyDelete