Friday, December 28, 2012

Double Crossed...

Is a pattern PDF pattern that I bought online from Amy Smart of Diary of a Quilter.  I haven't been very good at making baby quilts.  I think the last baby quilt that I made was at least ten years ago.  So when my brother and his wife had their third baby boy, I wanted to make him a quilt.
Emerson
I ran across a fabric that I knew my sister in law would love, so without a pattern I bought it and seven others to go with it.

Fabric is cut and ready to sew
Double Crossed is a fat quarter friendly quilt asking for 12-14 fat quarters to make a crib sized quilt.  I only had eight colors, so I am just using more fabric from the eight.  The two rectangles and the one triangle are the only cuts of fabric that are required in this quilt.  And sewn together they look like this.

Block trimmed to 7.5 inches square

This quilt is super easy and fun.  It goes together in no time at all.  Here are six together.  I already have twelve sewn, but the boys have friends over and they are sleeping in the family room where I sew.


Soooo cute, heh?  I am lovin' this quilt!  The next six blocks that I have together have the orange with ivory dots as the center strip.  I almost scrapped the already cut center triangles for in lieu for the brown with multi-colored dots.  I have enough fabric for it and I really liked the look of it.  What do you think?

UPDATE
Here are fourteen blocks with three different center fabrics instead of one.

3 comments:

  1. I don't really understand what you mean (should have posted a picture for us with no imagination) but I like it with the brown in the centre and if you have enough for that I think it would be very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the whole quilt is supposed to be scrappy. See in the picture of the cut-up fabric that there are eight different rectangles cut? All of the colors are used for the center strip, not just the brown with polka dots. I will post another picture of the orange blocks done.

      Delete
  2. I think it looks great the way you have it right now. Great look for a little boy!!

    ReplyDelete