Saturday, September 29, 2012

Thanks, Mary!

Our guild had Mary come in and teach us more about our sewing machines.  Not about quilting, but about needles, utility and decorative stitches, hems, zippers and such.  I have only ever sewed straight stitches with an odd applique project once every five years, so I had a lot to learn.  Our guild agreed that we don't use our sewing machines to their full potential and we've only just begun to learn what our machines have to offer.

Hard at work.
Our group with a couple extras.  Mary is seated in the center.

My new machine is a Husqvarna and Mary used to sell that brand, so she was a huge help to me.  Although, it didn't seem to matter who's machine she sat at and whatever brand it was, she was able to offer her advice and expertise.  Thanks, Mary, for a great start to a new year of guild!  Our next scheduled meeting date is Thursday, October 4...my oldest boys' sixteenth birthday!

1 comment:

  1. I HAVE READ YOUR BLOG AND ENJOYED IT A LOT.NOW THAT I CAN FOLLOW THE TORQUAY GIRLS I ILL FEEL MOREI TOUCH AND GET INON SOME OF THE FUN.

    ReplyDelete