Sunday, September 09, 2012

Just for fun...

We have a little guild challenge amongst our members.  We are each making a Martini block or two or three.  I have made three so far, but only have one of them embellished.


I started off thinking that these blocks would be a breeze, but the angles were really tricky, especially the base of the glass.

The base and stem don't quite line up.
I used the internet for a bit of inspiration and came up with this.  I used Heat n Bond to adhere a light yellow to a darker yellow and added some texture with my sewing machine.  These guild challenges are really good for building our sewing skills and encouraging our imaginations!  Now I just need a little inspiration for my other two blocks.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the lemon!! The martinis are great too!

    ReplyDelete