Sunday, September 23, 2012

Finally...

something to blog about!!!  Grandma's Bubble Gum Stars is done and turned out great!


The checkerboard border was a bit tedious to put on, but it was so worth the effort, I think.


Following Thelma's lead from Cupcakes 'n Daisies, this is Quilt Number 55 finishing at 60" by 78" and has approximately 2,112 pieces.  Now Terry will do her magic and quilt this for me.

Up next for me is Bounce by Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie's Quilt Co.  Christa of Second Story Quilting and myself are both doing this quilt for a Parade of Schnibbles hosted by A Quilting Life and Pink Pincushion.  Each month these two quilters pick a Miss Rosie's pattern and at the end of the month they host a parade showcasing the pattern in an array of fabrics by quilters across North America (or maybe further??).  The quilt chosen for October is Bounce, but they are giving us two months to finish it because it is a larger quilt than most of the Schnibbles patterns.  Christa is about done hers and I have yet to start!  I'd better get going.

With the start of fall comes the start of another year for our quilting guild.  We are having a get to know your machine class this weekend taught by a friend of our guild.  I have used maybe 5 of 80+ stitches that I have on my machine.  I have A LOT to learn!  I know that we are all looking forward to Mary's class this weekend and to getting back to our "therapy sessions."  Lets bring our Martini blocks if you are done.

4 comments: