Thursday, August 02, 2012

Guild Show and Tell

From left: Thersa, Colleen, Terry, Chris, Jane, Narrie, Christa and Debra

Thanks to Colleen for hosting our guild meeting today.  We met today to discuss our upcoming quilting year, our annual retreat and our quilt show.  After getting a few things discussed, we had show and tell.  Here's what a few of us have been working on.  I really need to take notes for the blog because I've already forgotten most the names of the following quilts.  Sorry, Girls, I'm going to do the best I can.

First up was Deb.  This was a wall hanging kit from the girls at The Quilt Patch in Moose Jaw, SK.  Deb worked on this at our last quilt retreat.  This and the next two quilts were just recently quilted by fellow guild member, Terry Whitman.  Quilting perfection, Terry. Great job, Deb.


Nickle Quilt- Dutchman's Puzzle

Thimbleberries Christmas Quilt

 Kit from the Quilt Patch

Colleen also finished her Nickle Quilt and Terry quilted this one as well.  Colleen used thirties reproduction fabrics this Charming Stars pattern off ofModa Bake Shop .  Get this pattern here.


Charlene was at her daughter's awaiting another little grandbaby, but one of her quilts was here.  I don't know much about this quilt other than she pieced it at guild and Terry quilted it.


Here is our fabulous long arm quilter, Terry.  She is just as good at piecing as she is at long arm quilting.  The first picture is of her Nickle Quilt and the second is the back of her Nickle Quilt.  Which one is nicer???

Front

Back
This is Theresa with her tree wall hanging...a wedding gift for her sister-in-law.  Theresa spent hours hand applying the beads to this quilt.  But the beads and buttons were SOOOOO worth it!  These pictures do not do this quilt any justice.  Gorgeous!!!




Next, we have Jane's baby/toddler quilt.  She is just getting the binding on it.


And lastly, here I am with my Tangled Threads wall hanging.



5 comments:

  1. Just a correction before you get me in trouble, Tracey. I designed the quilt I made for Natisse not the 30's one in the blog. It was a pattern from Moda Bake Shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. I fixed it...see, I need to take notes. If I can't remember my battery, how can I remember to take notes!!!

      Delete
  2. Well, you remembered far more names than I would have for those quilts. We really did some serious hashing so it's totally understandable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Bonnie Hunter-Quips and Snips!! It's a great addition!

    ReplyDelete