Saturday, July 28, 2012

Tangled Threads is done!

I can honestly say that I don't feel complete without sewing...it's a part of me now like farming is to my husband.  Looking back at who I was when I was seventeen or so and hadn't yet sewn a stitch, I never, ever would have guessed that sewing would be this much a part of my life.  I'm so thankful that I found sewing.
Enough sap and onto better things...

I finished up the applique on my Tangled Threads (designed by Terry Degenkolb) wall hanging last night.  I was curious to when I last did applique so I dug out my quilting scrapbook.  It was back in February 2003.  I really would rather piece.  But Tangled turned out great and maybe the gap between me and applique has gotten a little less with my new machine.  You can visit Terry's site here.


Here is Ella

and this is how the book describes her:  "Meet Ella, a mischievous little sprite who sneaks into my sewing room while I'm not looking, leaving quite the mess...really."  I know that everytime I spend a little time cleaning my sewing area, it seems that I turn around and its a mess again.  And we all would rather sew than clean, right??  Thanks to Colleen for the ivory crochet on Ella's dress.  I still need to add her eyes to finish her and she will be hanging onto a thread that connects to the spool of thread above her.


The flowers are not original to the pattern.  The pattern called for appliqued fabric buttons made with two layers of fabric.  I didn't love it, so I swapped the buttons out for the flowers and like the finished product a lot.  Once the quilting is done, I have real buttons that will go in the center of each flower.  Thanks, Colleen, for the buttons, too.

My next project will be my Cotton Candy Stars quilt as featured on the cover of the last Quilt Sampler.  New York Beauty will have to wait just a little bit longer.



1 comment:

  1. Love the flowers! Turned out really well and can't wait to see it in person!Bring it thursday!

    ReplyDelete