Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Lately...

I have been able to spend a bit of time with my beloved new machine in the past week or so...sometimes I wish it was winter all year long just so I could sew more!  Did I really type that?  First things first...Emma's quilt has been quilted and bound for a while now...sorry, Terry for not showcasing your work earlier.  This is my Double Hour Glass quilt inspired by a Schnibbles pattern by Carrie Nelson.
Yes, this is the pose Emma wanted for the blog...
Sorry again, Terry, but I can't get your quilting to show up in a photo.  Terry chose a large flower design for this quilt.  It is a great design that will be with Emma for many years.  Thanks, Terry for a job well done.

A few of our guild members were able to take in the Crescent Park Quilt Festival this past weekend in Moose Jaw.  The weather was just about perfect...the breeze helped to keep us comfortable.  Here is a little taste of what we saw.

A very beautiful place to have a quilt show.

Ever since seeing the Infinite Variety Red and White Quilt Exhibit that was held in New York, NY, I have wanted to sew a red and white Pickle Dish quilt.  I found fourteen perfect red fat quarters and a great tone on  tone white at the Quilt Patch.  I'm not sure what amount of red yardage that I will need, but this is a good start.

And finally, here is a sneak peak at my Tangled  Threads wall hanging.  I have the top put together and I have been working on the applique.  My new machine is a whole lot easier to applique on with the fabric pivot option on it.
Do you see how the darkness of the fabric lightens after it is appliqued?  Strange, heh?  I should be able to get this wall hanging done in the next few days or so.
Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. I love your background fabric for the wallhanging. It is going to be really cute.Can't wait to see the finished product...

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the fabric came in a kit and the background is darker than what I would have chosen at a store, but I really like it too. I usually go for the lighter ivories. Always good to try something new, I guess.

    ReplyDelete