Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Yesterday while in Minot...

I was able to stop at Joann's and take advantage of my 50% off coupons. I picked up two great new books, an apron pattern and a ruler for a quilt on my to do list.


I need to say two things about these purchases I made in Minot.  First thing is that I have no business even buying a new book because I have several books that I LOVE already and haven't made a quilt from them as yet.  Two of these books are by Carrie Nelson.  And second, I should have bought this book a long, long time ago.  Carrie is one of my favorite quilt designers and I have had this book in my hand or in my Amazon cart several times in the past.  I guess that the half off coupon helps, heh!


I am not a huge fan of the applique process.  The quilts, yes, but the actual process, no.  Normally, I would never have even picked this book up from the shelf, but I had a friend with me and she was thumbing through a landscape applique book.  This book was right beside the landscape book, plus I love, love the poppy.  I guess now that I have learned to like paper-piecing, I might just learn to like applique.  About that friend with me...she's not a quilter.  Sad, I know, but if you want to call her and tell her what a great hobby she is missing out on, I'll give you her number!!!

I have this itch to make an apron...but not just any apron.   I want to make a fun, funky, girly, retro, sexy apron.  Don't ask me why, I just do.  This one doesn't fit the image in my head one hundred percent, but for two bucks, it's a good starter pattern.  I have three more apron patterns ordered.


I don't know if a person needs all of these extra rulers that a project sometimes calls for or not.  Well the pattern that I am going to do for my Grandma's 80th birthday calls for this ruler.  I'll let you know what I think of it.
Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Again...as we have discussed before...Are you sure this apron is for cooking in the kitchen???LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I paused before typing the word sexy!

    ReplyDelete