Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Tangled

I'm not sure why I picked this particular project to give me a break from small, singular pieces because that is exactly what this wall hanging is, but without the paper piecing.  Its been fun to put together though.  I've had two firsts on this project...these are my first churn dash blocks that I have ever made.  I find that odd because I've been quilting for ten years (eleven???) and the churn dash is a very popular block.  If I remember right, the churn dash blocks finish at 4 1/2 inches square and the star block finishes at 4 inches.  Small.

I see the picture already shows the block sizes! lol

My second "first" on this project is the embroidery.  I have never embroidered before, although I have made many cross stitch pictures in the past.



It seems to be going OK.  The pattern has you trace the words onto freezer paper, iron it onto your linen and you then have to hold up your linen to the light to see where to stitch next.  What I am finding is that the paper really limits your ability to be accurate in your stitches.  I think Christa is tracing her pattern onto the front of her fabric with a fine tip marker.  I wonder if that isn't easier and more efficient than my method.

1 comment:

  1. I would have to agree that the marker is a better method. Works for me anyways. Looking good...can't wait to see the finished product!!

    ReplyDelete