Friday, June 22, 2012

Mail order

I usually buy the Quilt Sampler, but I bought the last issue specifically for the cover quilt.  Pink, chocolate and ivory...three of my favorite colors.  My mom picked this quilt for me to make my grandma for her 80th birthday.  I called the California store and they sent me this


Cotton and Chocolate sent this huge bag from their store.  It'll be put to good use.

The fabric colors were a bit different than I expected...I expected brighter colors judging from the magazine cover.  I'm definitely excited to get back to strip piecing. 

Apparently, embroidery backstitching is totally different than cross-stitching and my method is wrong.  Hmmm.  It's going to stay the same...too lazy to rip it all out!!  Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. It's never the 'wrong' way...it's 'your' way!What ever works for you is the best way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - forgot to say, I love the colors and the whole packaging. Am I losing my mind or is this a different quilt than the original quilt choice for your G-ma?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, it's always been the quilt on the cover of the sampler.

    ReplyDelete