Sunday, May 06, 2012

Christa says...

that I need to update the blog because the flood pictures are too depressing.  Well, Christa, it's hard to update my quilting blog if I haven't been sewing!  When was the last time that I sewed anyway?

This is the first of one hundred trees that we planted on Tuesday.  It was a long, long day,  but so worth the effort.
My  husband, my boys and a friend
I did get to machine this morning and finished by block 3s.  Don't these look good?

I kinda wanted to keep the pins in.  I decided to go back to pinning my arcs again instead of using the Curve Master foot.  I think maybe the multiple seams in these blocks make the fabric too stiff to co-operate with the Curve Master foot.  Or I needed a bit more practice!!??  But I will use that foot one day.  Here the blocks are done


The Sew Sweetness New York Beauty QAL is on their ninth block.  This means that according to my self-imposed schedule, I should be done 63 blocks (9 x 7).  I have 31 blocks done including these.  Only 32 blocks behind.  Maybe I can catch up tomorrow!!!
Christa, this picture is for you.  It is our front yard this afternoon.  Sorta looks like last year, heh!!!


2 comments:

  1. Love the blocks!! Thanks for updating but it is really looking alot like last year!! Lets hope for some sun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any leaves on those new trees yet??

    ReplyDelete