Friday, April 20, 2012

Log Cabin Quilt

I had previously posted a picture of this Log Cabin Quilt, but it wasn't quilted or bound.  Fellow guild member Terry Whitman did a breathtaking job on my quilt.

Terry's quilting
This is my first log cabin and I followed Harriet Hargrave's method of cutting your logs 1/8 of an inch larger than needed and then trimming each piece.  It was quite a bit of work, but it was accurate.  On my second log cabin quilt, I cut the pieces the size they needed to be and it was still quite accurate, but way less work.  I think I will use the second method for all my log cabin quilts from now on.  This quilt is en route to it's home in Regina.  Carolyn saw this quilt when I was piecing it last summer and she doesn't know that I am giving it to her.  I hope she enjoys it.

Christa Marcotte of http://secondstoryquilting.blogspot.ca/ blogged about her Judy Niemeyer's Cattails quilt. This quilt is gorgeous!  Go take a look.

This afternoon a car load of our guild members are going to the Weyburn Crocus Quilters quilt show, supper at guild member Chris' house and then a trunk show by Wayne Kollinger.  It should be a fun evening!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work by Terry as always!! She is missing a great show with 53 of the quilts being quilted by her at the show tonight. I am sure she is having a blast cruising..after all she already saw all the quilts first hand and up close!

    ReplyDelete