Wednesday, April 04, 2012

A Bit of Progress

It's been a slow sewing week for me, but I managed to get these arches done for my New York Beauty QAL.  They are the arches from blocks 7 and 8.  I am sewing my blocks together following Sew Sweetness' QAL schedule, except I am making seven of each block.  I am thankful for the tutorials that come along with each weeks block as there is always a tip from each quilter that makes this process a bit easier.
Block 7 (untrimmed) and block 8 arches
I think that I had 43 different fabrics before going to Montana and now I have 63!  I think I need to stop adding to my collection for this quilt.  But boy does the variety of fabrics make this quilt fabulous.

Tomorrow we have a special guild meeting at Terry's house.  Terry is our long arm quilter in the guild and she is going to give us  a demonstration on how her Gammill works and we are each going to get a chance to sew on it.  Lets hope she has insurance!

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow crazy girl!!! What do you mean you haven't made much progress? You are just cruising!! Looks great and I love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete