Sunday, April 15, 2012

After working full time last week,...

 having my machine serviced, four kids home on Easter break and my husband getting back into the fields, I didn't sew a stitch.  But today, I got back at it and finished these six blocks. 
Block 8

The inner suns are definitely harder to sew on than the outer background and there are a few puckers in my seams.  The great thing about blogging is that you share your work with others and then you get helpful tips in return.  Helen suggested that I try the Curve Master sewing foot in piecing my New York Beauty blocks.  I looked it up online and watched a couple youtube videos on it.  Can it really be as easy as the videos show???  Thanks for the tip, Helen, and for taking the time to send me a letter.
Last week I got this in the mail
I won this beautiful book from http://www.ctpubblog.com/.  It is Monique Dillard's second book.  I already have her first book and had planned to buy this one, too.  If you haven't ever been to this blog, you need to make it a regular stop.  They have more give-a-ways than any other blog.  Today they are giving away a Sulky metallic starter set in a slimline case.  Any one of us could use that!  Thelma of http://cupcakesndaisies.blogspot.ca/  was asked to participate in a book tour of Traditional Fat Quarter Quilts and made a quilt called Pyramid.  It is gorgeous!  Look it up on her blog when you get the chance.
One final note...Crocus Quilters of Weyburn is hosting a quilt show this weekend at the Curling rink in Weyburn.  The show starts on Friday at 4:00 with a Trunk Show following at 8:30.  It continues on Saturday from 10:00 through 4:00. 

2 comments:

  1. I just about bought that book in Calgary last week!! Thought it was interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for advertising our show. I've been typing the labels so I know it's going to be a good one. I'm really looking forward to Wayne Kollinger's trunk show.

    ReplyDelete